Loading...

Breaking News

Single and ‘Super Busy’ Jasmine Curtis-Smith Excited About Theater Debut.

Since her breakup with Sam Concepcion early this year, Jasmine Curtis-Smith has been focusing on her career with one high-profile project after another.

The 21-year-old Filipino-Australian actress has been projecting a sexier and more mature image that began last December with a provocative dance number to the tune of “Santa Baby” during a guest appearance on ABS-CBN’s “It’s Showtime”.

Jasmine then followed it up with more sexy dance numbers in a memorable hosting stint for TV5’s “Move It! Clash of Street Dancers” which she hopes will have a second season. A slew of jaw-dropping magazine cover issues for Men’s Health, Rogue, UNO and Trip followed along with a pivotal supporting role in the romantic-horror thriller, “Halik sa Hangin” with Gerald Anderson and Julia Montes.


Now, Jasmine is in the cast of her very first stage play, “No Filter: Let’s Talk About ME”, which is dubbed as “an original monologue series by millennials for millennials.”

“It’s my first time doing a professional theater production. We’re already rehearsing and so far, it’s been overwhelming, I’m enjoying the process and it made me appreciate my craft even better. I hope this won’t be the last play I’ll be doing,” an excited Jasmine told InterAksyon and other media during Preview magazine’s 20th anniversary ball held at the Green Sun Hotel in Makati City.

Jasmine shared that acting in theater is not the same as acting on film and TV.

“The biggest difference is that on film and TV, I have more time to prepare for my scene. Here, it’s only one take and I’m done. If I make a mistake, bahala na akong saluhin ang sarili ko. Also since I’m doing a monologue for ‘No Filter’, I’m on my own and have no one else to do a scene with,” she noted.

In this original production directed by Toff de Venecia for The Sandbox Collective under its Blueprint series, Jasmine is the only female cast member who will perform in all six shows. The play also features Khalil Kaimo, Lauren Young alternating with Saab Magalona-Bacarro, Cai Cortez alternating with Sarah Facuri and Mikael Daez alternating with Micah Muñoz.

“No Filter” will have a limited run with shows scheduled on July 25 (two shows), 26, 31, August 1 and 2 at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati City.


For more Kakulay Updates FOLLOW or LIKE  Kakulay Entertainment Blog  on  Facebook  and  Twitter and ADVERTISE with us email at ilovekakulay@gmail.com

No comments